Monday, January 28, 2008

Making it Official

Well, I've been talking about games, reading about games and playing games for years, but I've finally made the big commitment.

I have now switched my second minor to Interactive Multimedia (IMM) which is popularly known as "the gaming major." I'll be working over the next three semesters with advanced photo and graphic editing programs, HTML, web design, programming languages, Flash and Scratch. Depending on how the program changes slated for this summer turn out, I might also get to take a course called Game Design, in which we actually create a full-fledged game. Last year they worked with Half-Life's graphical engine to create their own sci-fi game, and this year they are working on a very different kind of survival game.

So, what does this mean for the site? Hopefully, over the next couple of months or semesters, I will actually learn how to edit all of this stuff, including the html, to make GameLady look and function better. I'll post updates occasionally on how my "game/web design training" is going.

I'm not just an enthusiast anymore, I'm actually formally studying this stuff!

~ Lady ~

No comments: