Saturday, December 29, 2007

Good Haul this Year


Hey everyone,

I hope the holidays are going well. I was gone for a while for christmas, sorry for the lapse in posting.

I've got a couple of new games to try out now, thanks to christmas (and my family and friends). I got F-Zero GX, Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance and Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, all for GameCube. I've already played F-Zero a few times, it looks like a pretty good rendition of the series for the GC. I was a big fan of the 64 version, especially the Death Mode. As for the new version, multi-player was a blast the few times I played, but I've been told that it gets old too fast. We'll see if it has similar replay value to my beloved Mario Kart :) I have heard, though, that the single-player campaign is far more in-depth and challenging than in most racing games. I'm looking forward to the challenge, as well as hours of competition against my friends at college.

As far as the Mortal Kombat game, I know it isn't supposed to be the best in the series. I got a chance to interview a semi-professional gamer who specializes in 2D fighting games, and he said that none of the newer Mortal Kombat's have been anywhere near as good as the classics. But still, I have never owned a Mortal Kombat game before, so I think it's worth it just to get introduced to the series. I asked for the Metal Gear Solid game for similar reasons. MGS is such a famous series, but I haven't had the chance to play one of their games before, so I'll be getting a taste this way. Who knows, maybe it will inspire me to get a PS3?


I also got a new computer game this year, Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-Earth. Fans of the series will recognize that this is the older version, but I wanted to start from the beginning. I am a big fan of RTS games (as evident by earlier Red Alert 2 post) and the idea of a LotR RTS makes me drool. I think you'll be hearing plenty about this one in the future.

I've got a the new toys, let's see if I have the time to use 'em. Working on internship applications and writing a book series takes a lot of time out of your schedule.

Oh, and feel free to let me know what you got for christmas/holidays. I'm interested to know what people are buying these days, with so many new systems and so many good games, both for the new generation and the old. It'd be nice to know what people have been getting, and what is and isn't good.

~ Lady ~

No comments: